J Jayalalithaa takes vow as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the 6th time
J Jayalalithaa, 68, on Monday was confirmed as the Chief Minister of Tami Nadu for the 6th time. The AIADMK boss drove her gathering to triumph in the as of late finished up get together decisions. Of the 232 seats (for two seats races delayed to June), AIADMK won in 134 seats.
The sequential triumph is an uncommon deed for a political gathering, which happened just about 35 years back, again for AIADMK. In spite of the contention between the two gatherings, DMK treasurer M K Stalin has gone to the swearing-in service. This will be the second time Stalin went to Jayalalithaa’s swearing. In 2001, as Chennai chairman, he alongside a couple DMK pioneers went to the capacity.
It might be noted, dissimilar to in neighboring states the two principle rivals – AIADMK and DMK – don’t see eye to eye. Truth be told, DMK’s boss did not go to the get together sessions when the other is in force. Strangely, Karunanidhi welcomed Pinarayi Vijayan (chose as CM in Kerala), Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal) and Sarbananda Sonowal (Assam) however not Jayalalithaa.
This time, DMK has developed as the solid resistance in the gathering as it won 89 seats, alongside eight seats won by its associate Congress.
AIADMK general secretary and her 28 Cabinet associates were confirmed by Governor K Rosaiah on Monday at the Madras University’s Centenary Hall. The rundown included 13 new faces and four ladies MLAs. S Semmalai has been named as master tem Speaker.
VIPs who have gone to the occasion incorporate Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu and Nirmala Seetharaman. Jayalalithaa has welcomed Prime Minister for the function.
Since the Prime Minister is on a visit to Iran, Naidu had been relegated to speak to the Center. Union Minister from Tamil Nadu Pon Radhakrishnan additionally went to the capacity.
Jayalalithaa will hold the arrangement of Public, Police, General Administration and Home, while her trusted helper O Panneerselvam will be the Finance Minister, Edappadi K.
Palanisamy will handle PWD and others incorporate Sellur K. Raju, will keep on holding Cooperation and Labor. Alternate individuals who were additionally part of the past Cabinet are R. Kamaraj (Food), C. Vijaya Baskar (Health), R.B. Udhaya Kumar (Revenue), P. Thangamani (Electricity and Prohibition), S P Velumani ( Municipal Administration and Rural Development), D Jayakumar (Fisheries), S.P. Shanmuganathan (Milk and Dairy Development), M.C. Sampath (Industries), C.Ve. Shanmugam ( Law, Courts and Prisons) and K P Anbazhagan (Higher Education), K.T. Rajenthra Bhalaji (Rural Industries), K.C. Veeramani – Commercial Taxes
The new faces in Jayalalithaa’s bureau incorporate V Saroja (Social Welfare), Udumalai Radhakrishnan (Housing and Urban Development), R Duraikannu (Agriculture and Animal Husbandry), P Benjamin (School Education), Vellamandi Natarajan (Tourism), V M Rajalakshmi (Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare), S. Valarmathi (Backward Classes and Minority Welfare), Manikandan (IT), M R Vijayabhaskar (Transport), K C Karupannan (Environment), O S Manian (Handlooms and Textiles), Kadambur Raju (Information and Publicity) and Dindigul C Srinivasan (Forest).
On the Agenda
– After accepting the Chief Minister’s Office for the 6th time, the initial two documents Jayalalithaa marked were free power till 100 units, which will advantage 78 lakh purchasers in the state; the other record identified with forbiddance.
– AIADMK in its pronouncement guaranteed pack of advantages including free 100 units of force and disallowance in stage way.
– The gathering guaranteed 100 units power free like clockwork, which would cost around Rs 1,600-1,700 crore a year. The state’s energy dispersion organization is weak and gets a sponsorship of Rs 2,560 crore from the administration.
– AIADMK likewise guaranteed that it would execute denial orderly. Complete income to the state from the alcohol deals is around Rs 33,000 crore.
– alternate guarantees made by AIADMK in its statement incorporates waiver of all homestead credits and famers advances to be paid. Helpful banks will totally waive off and Rs 40,000 crore ranch credits over next five years. The state government will likewise repay instruction credit.
– Flow of general yield advances in Tamil Nadu is evaluated at about Rs 69,000 crore out of which the agreeable segment was assessed to dispense around Rs 5,500 crore, which is around 8% of the product credits. Training advance assessed to associate with Rs 17,000 crore.
– To build up Lok Ayuktha; the stategovernment workers pay to be amended according to seventh Pay Commission. Expense to actualize pay commission suggestion assessed at around Rs 15,000 crore
– Free mobiles, set-top-boxes, free Laptops with web for tenth and twelfth sexually transmitted disease understudies and 50 % sponsorship for working ladies to purchase mopeds and bikes
– Industry specialists gauges over Rs 1,500 crore a year for bike alone and another around Rs 3,000 crore for different plans.
– After results were declared a week ago, Jayalalithaa said “I will demonstrate my appreciation to the general population of Tamil Nadu with restored energy and satisfying the survey guarantees made by the gathering.”
Seat Composition in Tamil Nadu Assembly
Year Ruling party Opposition
1952 162 (Congress) 62 (CPI)
1957 151 (Congress) 15 (DMK)
1962 139 (Congress) 50 (DMK)
1967 137 (DMK) 51 (Congress)
1971 184 (DMK) 15 (Congress)
1977 130 (AIADMK) 48 (DMK)
1980 129 (AIADMK) 37 (DMK)
1984 132 (AIADMK) 61 (Congress)
1989 150 (DMK) 27 (AIADMK)
1991 164 (AIADMK) 60 (Congress)
1996 173 (DMK) 39 (TMC)
2001 132 (AIADMK) 31 (DMK)
2006 96 (DMK) 61 (AIADMK)
2011 150 (AIADMK) 29 (DMDK)
2016 134 (AIADMK) 89 (DMK)